Great Camp Santanoni
Early 1900's Summer Home for the Pruyns
Camp Santanoni, located in Newcomb, New York, was built by and for the wealthy Pruyn family, and welcomed its first guests in the spring of 1893. Located in the Santanoni Preserve — nearly 13,000 acres of New York State's Adirondack Forest Preserve — this National Historic Landmark is one of the earliest examples of what became known as an Adirondack Great Camp. Visitors to Santanoni today will find the historic areas of this retreat much as the Pruyns originally envisioned them, along with the outdoor recreation the family adored. Camp Santanoni and the Santanoni Preserve is managed by the Santanoni Partners: Adirondack Architectural Heritage (AARCH), the Town of Newcomb, and the Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC).